Need Help with Your Project?
The New Jersey Council for the Humanities wants your project to be a success. Interested in using a new technology to enhance your work? Trying to find some great marketing ideas? Not sure where to find information on other grant opportunities? Take a look at these resources. They’re FREE and they can help!
Are there other resources you think the Council should share on this page? Please contact us at [email protected] with your suggestions.
Don’t Know Where to Go with Your Digital Ideas?
You can check out some examples of recently funded projects online (click titles to access resource):
• Words Matter, Seton Hall University and NJ Arts News
• Chinese Exclusion in New Jersey: Immigration Law Past and Present, Rutgers University.
• Struggle Without End: New Jersey and the Civil War, Rutgers University Libraries
• Latino Oral History: The Justice Project, Newark Public Library
• 7 Steps to Freedom (Site Interpretation), Salem County Cultural & Heritage Commission
• The Continental Army at Pluckemin, Friends of the Jacobus Vanderveer House
• West Jersey Time Traveler, Cumberland County Cultural & Heritage Commission
• Humanities Hits, Drew University and NJ Arts News
You might also want to explore the Center for the Digital Humanities at Richard Stockton College website (https://dh.stockton.edu). In May 2013, the Council partnered with the Center to host a free workshop, “The Digital Humanities for Nonprofits.” You can review slides from some of the presentations here, which include information on free DIY tools and sample work by local vendors. (click titles to download):
Need Help Getting the Word Out?
With Support From:
This publication has been made possible, in part, by a grant from the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism, and with financial assistance from the New Jersey Historic Trust through the Discover NJ History License Plate Heritage Tourism Grant Program.
Looking for Other Grants?
If you need additional financial support for your project you might want to visit the “Grants Resources for Nonprofits” webpage (http://slic.njstatelib.org/select_websites_and_research_guides/grant_resources/grants_resources_for_nonprofits) of the New Jersey State Library website, where you can find information on grant databases, websites, and general grant writing guidance.