Apply for a Grant
Before beginning your grant application, please review the Grants Overview and Developing Your Application. Please note that all applicants MUST submit their Intent to Apply form by the deadline below and have a conversation or site visit with an NJCH staff member before submitting a final application.
|Intent to Apply period||Sept. 1 - Oct. 12, 2017||Feb. 19 - March 29, 2018||May 7 - June 14, 2018|
|Application deadline||Oct. 26, 2017||April 12, 2018||June 28, 2018|
|Award notification||By Dec. 29, 2017||By June 29, 2018||By Aug. 31, 2018|
|Projects begin||No earlier than Jan. 1, 2018||No earlier than July 1, 2018||No earlier than Sep. 1, 2018|
Draft applications will be accepted up to two weeks before the final application deadline.
NJCH’s online grant system incorporates all parts of the application process from the initial Intent to Apply up to final submission. The system will generate a unique URL that will enable your team to freely access the application system throughout the entire process.
1. Review the guidelines and calendar. Please read through the Grants Overview and Developing Your Application pages to ensure that you are eligible to apply for a grant and to determine which type of grant best suits your project. The Grant Calendar will help you determine when all application materials are due and when your project can begin.
2. Select the Incubation or Action Grant section to access the appropriate grant application. The links are unique to their respective grants. The full application can be previewed from the link, however, parts will remain locked until the appropriate steps are completed.
3. Complete the Registration. This will unlock the Intent to Apply form. The primary contact will also be sent an email which contains the unique URL for your application. Please save this email! If it is not received, please check junk/spam folders.
4. Complete the Intent to Apply. NJCH staff will review your submitted Intent to Apply and notify you if you are invited to submit an application. If you are invited to submit an application, we will unlock the full application, which will be accessible from the same URL as the Intent to Apply. We strongly recommend that you submit the Intent to Apply early to enable time for revision of your project if it is not initially accepted and to give you time to participate in the draft review process.
5. Submit a Draft (optional). If you are invited to submit an application, you may submit a draft of your application up to two weeks before the application deadline. We will submit feedback in advance of the deadline. Please note that once a draft application is submitted in the online system, NJCH staff will not be able to view any changes until the final submission. The online system can only accept completed applications; if you wish to submit a partial draft application please contact NJCH staff.
6. Site visit or Phone Consultation. All invited applicants will be required to have a site visit or phone consultation prior to the application deadline. This is our opportunity to learn more about your proposed project and to answer any questions you might have about the grant application or process.
7. Submit Your Application. Final applications must be submitted through our online system by the end of the day on the due date listed in the grant calendar. Materials submitted late will not be considered. Once your final application is submitted in the online system, you will not be able to make any changes.
Questions? Technical problems? We’re here to help! Please contact NJCH staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incubation grants support projects that may be in the earliest stages of development. As such, we understand that preliminary ideas might change and evolve. We are most interested in hearing about the need you wish to address, your goals in starting this process, and how you plan to collect information. A meaningful question is the start of a great incubation grant proposal. The most competitive proposals will articulate a vision, a plan, and a willingness to try something new.
The Action Grant application process opens on February 19, 2018.